We are looking for a gardener working Mondays and Thursdays from 8am-4pm. The garden is local (Ahuroa/Makarau).
- You need to like working outdoors in all weather conditions
- Need to be fit and healthy
- Work in a team, under supervision of a trained horticulturist
- Have your own transport to get to site
- Long term position for the right candidate
Please get in touch via email : firstname.lastname@example.org or phone Liezel 021 039 0300
Our house will be delivered from Puhoi over Ahuroa Road all the way to Ahuroa Valley Road Thursday early morning this week.
They will be driving slow and blocking the road some time between 2am and 5am Thursday morning. Sorry for the inconvenience this may cause you.
Erik and Angie
Waitemata Hunt Invites all Pony Club Members to Hunt for FREE this Easter Friday 30th March 2018
We are hunting the wonderful Star Valley Farm at Satellite Station Road, Warkworth. This is a Pony Club hunt which means Pony Club members are welcome to try hunting with us for free.
Star Valley Farm is a beautiful, undulating property with beautifully prepared fences and plenty of gates! There will be three groups as per usual for a weekend hunt: jumpers, gaters and walkers. You are welcome to move between groups throughout the hunt. We look forward to seeing many of you out there!”
Directions – From Warkworth town centre travel south along State Highway 1 for approximately 5km and Satelite Station Road is on the left hand side. From Northern Motorway tunnel exit travel for approximately 14km north on SH1 and Satelite Station Road is on the right hand side.
Turn into Satelite Station Road, parking is on the right hand side paddock on the corner of SH1, look out for hunt signs directing you where to park your float/truck.
- Bring a Plate of finger food for Hunt Breakfast after the Hunt
- Hunt Attire – White shirt with stock, Black Jacket, Beige Jodpurs, long black boots or chaps
- Approved safety helmets must be worn
- Visitors must sign the indemnity form and pay their cap to the Secretary as soon as they arrive
- Please make sure you call the information and cancellation line on the morning of the meet for any update or cancellation – phone 0832 99820.
- One off NZHA (New Zealand Hunt Association) Levy $13 for the year must be paid at first Hunt for Adults and Children
- Pony Club Members FREE this Easter Friday Hunt
- Adult cappers $40
- Children under the age of 18 $25
- Paid up member of another hunt $25
How the day runs
- 10.00 am onwards – plan to arrive at the farm. Unload your horse, put saddle on and cover if needed and give your horse a Hay bag. Visitors pay your capping fee and sign the indemnity form (Hunt Committee members will have a table set up). Get dressed in your hunt attire.
- 11.00am we start to gather around the committee table for a nip of port (provided by the hunt) and have good yarn before the masters brief
- 11.30am Masters brief this is where you will be told where we are riding, the type of terrain and any health and safety hazards to look out for
- 11.45am go back to your truck or float, tighten the girth and put the bridle on, put your Helmet on and mount up in preparation for the hounds being released from their truck, it’s time to Hunt.
We usually walk from the carpark to a nearby paddock where you can warm up your horse with some trotting, cantering and most often either jumps set up or a spar or 2, this is followed by a warm up walk/trot canter further into the farm for about 10 minutes whilst the first drag run is being laid. When you hear the hounds barking you know they have picked up the scent and off we go. We have 4 runs all lasting approximately 20 minutes with a 10 minute break in between so horses, riders and hounds can all catch their breath, this is when the walking group catches up to the jumpers and gaters.
We are usually back at our trucks/floats around 2-2.30pm, it is customary for the whole ride to follow the Huntsman back to his truck and wait for him to dismount and put the hounds away and this is when we say thank you.
You then head back to your truck/float untack, wash down your horse, grab your plate and head to the committee table for our Hunt Breakfast. You should bring your own refreshments such as Tea coffee or Alcohol
Don’t forget to bring a small bottle of water and a flask of your favourite tipple to put in your saddle pad for the ride.
Children under 15 years and under must be supervised by an Adult Rider
Hi. A number of us on Martin Access Rd received a notice of a planned electricity outage in the past couple of weeks – scheduled for tomorrow.
You may have too? – In which case, this is a reminder that your power may be out tomorrow between 10am and 5pm. 🙂
Qualified builder and all round handyman looking for work in the area. No job too small, will charge hourly rate which can be negotiated according the job.
Give Sean a call on 021339469 or email email@example.com