This is a huge amount of variation in this role – with any two days very rarely the same.
Common jobs include:
- Assisting with raising and caring for livestock including mustering, drenching, dipping, vaccination, docking, crutching and so on.
- Repairs and maintenance of fences, gates, water troughs, drains, buildings, yards, roading and farm tracks and all other farm infrastructure as well as equipment and machinery.
- Construction and installation of new fences, gates, water troughs, drains, buildings, yards etc.
- Operation and maintenance of farm vehicles, equipment and machinery – including quad, UTV, motorbike, tractor, excavator, stock trailers, ride-on mower etc.
- Weed and pest control including grubbing, spraying, poisoning and trapping as well as fertilising.
- As well as a wide range of other jobs including deliveries and pick-ups.
This is a highly flexible shared role that can be either full-time or part-time – we can tailor the days and hours of work to suit your circumstances. It would suit someone reasonably local who is not quite ready to fully retire and wants to keep active or an enthusiastic and reliable younger person or someone in between! You will be working by yourself at times and often with others.
We are looking for someone who is both handy and keen. Some fencing / farm work experience would be beneficial. Experience driving an excavator or heavy machinery would also be beneficial but is not essential.
Hourly rate dependent on experience and productivity, $20-$30+ per hour plus GST (if applicable)
Please email or call me if you, or someone you know might be interested.