I had a passionate plea from our Fire Chief, Alastair a few nights ago to help to put out a message on the Grapevine. – He had just seen the TV1 footage on Seven Sharp on Monday night this week which showed how horrifyingly quickly fire can be caused and spread from faulty electrical devices.

TV1 has that clip available to watch now, on demand here: https://www.tvnz.co.nz/shows/seven-sharp/clips/electrical-devices-a-big-cause-of-house-fires-nationwide-kiwis-warned

As a follow up to that segment they also released some tips to help to keep you and your family safe: https://www.tvnz.co.nz/shows/seven-sharp/clips/top-tips-for-kiwis-to-prevent-a-house-fire

Both are worth a watch.

It’s normally about this time of year with the clock changes which we remind you all to check your smoke alarm batteries – so if you’ve not already done it then please make that a job for this weekend. 🙂

Thanks everyone. Stay safe.